Bill Summary & Status
106th Congress (1999 - 2000)
NEW SEARCH | HOME | HELP
Latest Title: Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000
Sponsor: Rep Ewing, Thomas W. [IL-15] (introduced 12/14/2000) Cosponsors (4)
Related Bills: H.R.4577, S.3283
Latest Major Action: 12/14/2000 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Finance & Hazardous Materials for a period to be subsequently determined by the Chairman..
Note: H.R. 5660 was incorporated by reference in the conference report to H.R. 4577. H.R. 4577, the Consolidated Appropriations Act 2001, became Public Law 106-554 on 12/21/2000.
- Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR E2181-2182)
- Referred to the Committee on Agriculture, and in addition to the Committees on Banking and Financial Services, Commerce, and the Judiciary, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
- Referred to House Agriculture
- Referred to House Banking and Financial Services
- Referred to House Commerce
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Finance & Hazardous Materials for a period to be subsequently determined by the Chairman..
- Referred to House Judiciary
TITLE(S): (italics indicate a title for a portion of a bill)
- SHORT TITLE(S) AS INTRODUCED:
Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000
Legal Certainty for Bank Products Act of 2000
- OFFICIAL TITLE AS INTRODUCED:
To reauthorize and amend the Commodity Exchange Act to promote legal certainty, enhance competition, and reduce systemic risk in markets for futures and over-the-counter derivatives, and for other purposes.
COSPONSORS(4), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
|House Agriculture||Referral, In Committee|
|House Banking and Financial Services||Referral, In Committee|
|House Commerce||Referral, In Committee|
|House Judiciary||Referral, In Committee|
RELATED BILL DETAILS: (additional related bills may be indentified in Status)