Most-Viewed Bills | Top 10
Current Legislative Activities
116th Congress (2019-2020)
House of Representatives
Next Meeting: Sep. 24, 2019 at 12:00 PM EDT
Previous Meeting: Sep. 20, 2019
Upcoming House and Senate Committee Meetings Daily View | Weekly View
- Sep. 24, 2019 at 9:30 AM (EDT) House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Sep. 24, 2019 at 10:00 AM (EDT) House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- Sep. 24, 2019 at 10:00 AM (EDT) House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Citizenship
- Yesterday in Congress
- Bill Texts
- Committee Schedule
- Calendars and Schedules
- Committee Reports
- Roll Call Votes
- Presented to President
The Congressional Record
Library of Congress Reports
- Search CRS Reports Congressional Research Service Reports are available to the public.
- The Law Library of Congress Reports are produced primarily for Members of Congress.
The Constitution Annotated
- Official Senate Print providing comprehensive legal analysis of the U.S. Constitution.
Current Members of Congress
- Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi [D-CA-12]
- Majority Leader Rep. Steny H. Hoyer [D-MD-5]
- Republican Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy [R-CA-23]
- Majority Whip Rep. James E. Clyburn [D-SC-6]
- Republican Whip Rep. Steve Scalise [R-LA-1]
- Republican Conference Chairman Rep. Liz Cheney [R-WY-0]
- Assistant Democratic Leader Rep. Ben Ray Lujan [D-NM-3]
- Republican Policy Committee Chairman Rep. Gary J. Palmer [R-AL-6]
- Democratic Caucus Chairman Rep. Hakeem S. Jeffries [D-NY-8]
Contact Your Member
Contact by email and telephone.
News from the Law Library
September 16, 2019 by Robert Brammer
The Constitution Annotated Is Now Easier to Search and Browse
Constitution Day is tomorrow, but it’s already off to a great start with the release of the Congressional ...more
Use the field label billCosponsorCount: in the Legislation Search form (click More Options if collapsed) to find bills with an exact number of cosponsors or bills with a number of cosponsors within a range.
- billCosponsorCount:50. Finds bills with exactly 50 cosponsors.
- billCosponsorCount:[50 TO *]. Finds bills with 50 cosponsors or more.
- billCosponsorCount:[1 TO 49]. Finds bills with cosponsors within the specified range.
See more here.
The Legislative Process
The U.S. Founding Documents
A gallery of study resources about significant primary source documents from American history.
Presented by the Library of Congress, Congress.gov is the official website for U.S. federal legislative information.
Visiting the U.S. Capitol
Your visit to the historic U.S. Capitol begins as you enter the Capitol Visitor Center.