Most-Viewed Bills | Top 10
- S.178 [114th] Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act of 2015
- H.R.213 [114th] Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015
- S.683 [114th] Compassionate Access, Research Expansion, and Respect States Act of 2015
Current Legislative Activities
114th Congress (2015-2016)
House of Representatives
Next Meeting: March 30, 2015
Previous Meeting: March 26, 2015
Today: March 26, 2015
The Senate convened at 9:30 a.m.
On the Floor Today
Previous Meeting: March 25, 2015
The Congressional Record
The Legislative Process
Nine videos explain each of the common legislative stages, and that the process by which a bill becomes law is rarely predictable.
Current Members of Congress
Speaker of the House
Rep. John A. Boehner [R-OH-8]
Rep. Kevin McCarthy [R-CA-23]
Rep. Nancy Pelosi [D-CA-12]
Rep. Steve Scalise [R-LA-1]
Rep. Steny H. Hoyer [D-MD-5]
Republican Conference Chairman
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers [R-WA-5]
Assistant Democratic Leader
Rep. James E. Clyburn [D-SC-6]
Republican Policy Committee Chairman
Rep. Luke Messer [R-IN-6]
Democratic Caucus Chairman
Rep. Xavier Becerra [D-CA-34]
News and Programs
- Treaties, Text, and Timely Updates – Congress.gov Spring Cleaning
- Congress.gov Now Offers Email Alerts
- The President's Budget for FY2016
The U.S. Founding Documents
A gallery of study resources about significant primary source documents from American history.
Presented by the Library of Congress, Congress.gov is the official website for U.S. federal legislative information.
Visiting the U.S. Capitol
Your visit to the historic U.S. Capitol begins as you enter the Capitol Visitor Center.