Most-Viewed Bills | Top 10
- H.Res.109 [116th] Recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to create a Green New Deal.
- H.R.8 [116th] Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019
- H.R.1044 [116th] To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to eliminate the per-country numerical limitation for employment-based immigrants, to increase the per-country numerical limitation for family-sponsored immigrants, and for other purposes.
Current Legislative Activities
116th Congress (2019-2020)
House of Representatives
Next Meeting: Feb. 19, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
Previous Meeting: Feb. 15, 2019
- Yesterday in Congress
- Bill Texts
- Committee Schedule
- Calendars and Schedules
- Committee Reports
- Roll Call Votes
- Presented to President
The Congressional Record
- Congressional Research Service Reports are available to the public.
- Search CRS Reports
Current Members of Congress
- Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi [D-CA-12]
- Majority Leader Rep. Steny H. Hoyer [D-MD-5]
- Republican Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy [R-CA-23]
- Majority Whip Rep. James E. Clyburn [D-SC-6]
- Republican Whip Rep. Steve Scalise [R-LA-1]
- Republican Conference Chairman Rep. Liz Cheney [R-WY-0]
- Assistant Democratic Leader Rep. Ben Ray Lujan [D-NM-3]
- Republican Policy Committee Chairman Rep. Gary J. Palmer [R-AL-6]
- Democratic Caucus Chairman Rep. Hakeem S. Jeffries [D-NY-8]
Contact Your Member
Contact by email and telephone.
News from the Law Library
February 11, 2019 by Andrew Weber
Congress.gov New, Tip, and Top for February 2019
In January, Robert announced the first version of the new Committee Schedule that we have been working on. It ...more
Modify your saved searches to run against the new congress, and continue to receive alerts. Learn how.
The Legislative Process
The U.S. Founding Documents
A gallery of study resources about significant primary source documents from American history.
Presented by the Library of Congress, Congress.gov is the official website for U.S. federal legislative information.
Visiting the U.S. Capitol
Your visit to the historic U.S. Capitol begins as you enter the Capitol Visitor Center.