Most-Viewed Bills | Top 10
- S.1189 [114th] Conrad State 30 and Physician Access Act
- H.R.213 [114th] Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015
- H.Res.385 [114th] Declaring the office of Speaker of the House of Representatives vacant.
Current Legislative Activities
114th Congress (2015-2016)
House of Representatives
Next Meeting: Sep. 8, 2015
Previous Meeting: Aug. 6, 2015
The Legislative Process
Nine videos explain each of the common legislative stages, and that the process by which a bill becomes law is rarely predictable.
The Congressional Record
Current Members of Congress
Speaker of the House
Rep. John A. Boehner [R-OH-8]
Rep. Kevin McCarthy [R-CA-23]
Rep. Nancy Pelosi [D-CA-12]
Rep. Steve Scalise [R-LA-1]
Rep. Steny H. Hoyer [D-MD-5]
Republican Conference Chairman
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers [R-WA-5]
Assistant Democratic Leader
Rep. James E. Clyburn [D-SC-6]
Republican Policy Committee Chairman
Rep. Luke Messer [R-IN-6]
Democratic Caucus Chairman
Rep. Xavier Becerra [D-CA-34]
News and Programs
- New Features Added to Congress.gov Based on Your Feedback
- Congress.gov Continues to Improve
- The Federalist Papers - Now Available on Congress.gov
- Treaties, Text, and Timely Updates – Congress.gov Spring Cleaning
- Congress.gov Now Offers Email Alerts
The U.S. Founding Documents
A gallery of study resources about significant primary source documents from American history.
Presented by the Library of Congress, Congress.gov is the official website for U.S. federal legislative information.
Visiting the U.S. Capitol
Your visit to the historic U.S. Capitol begins as you enter the Capitol Visitor Center.