H.R.2332 - To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide for expanded eligibility for participation by members of the Selected Reserve and their dependents in the TRICARE program.107th Congress (2001-2002)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Andrews, Robert E. [D-NJ-1] (Introduced 06/27/2001)|
|Committees:||House - Armed Services|
|Latest Action:||09/26/2001 Executive Comment Requested from DOD.|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Subject — Policy Area:
- Armed Forces and National Security
- View subjects
Summary: H.R.2332 — 107th Congress (2001-2002)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Makes a member of the Selected Reserve and his or her dependents eligible for health care under the TRICARE Standard. Requires the member to pay 40 percent of the premiums for such care, and the Government to pay the remaining 60 percent. States that participation in TRICARE Standard shall not effect enrollment of the member or dependent in TRICARE Prime if the member is called to active duty.
Introduced in House (06/27/2001)
Requires the Secretary to Defense to annually specify a period of at least 90 days for election to participate in TRICARE Standard.
Terminates coverage upon termination of membership in the Selected Reserve.