H.R.6223 - To amend section 1059(e) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2006 to clarify that a period of employment abroad by the Chief of Mission or United States Armed Forces as a translator, interpreter, or in a security-related position in an executive or managerial capacity is to be counted as a period of residence and physical presence in the United States for purposes of qualifying for naturalization, and for other purposes.112th Congress (2011-2012)
Subject Terms Assigned to H.R.6223 — 112th Congress (2011-2012)
Links from terms open lists of other bills and resolutions to which the term has been assigned. Find Bills by Legislative Subject and Policy Area provides research guidance. View all Legislative Subject Terms for this Congress.
One Policy Area term, which best describes an entire measure, is assigned to every public bill or resolution.
- Citizenship and naturalization
- Department of Defense
- Department of State
- Diplomacy, foreign officials, Americans abroad
- Foreign labor
- Foreign language and bilingual programs
- Government employee pay, benefits, personnel management
- Immigration status and procedures
- Middle East
- Military operations and strategy