H.R.1095 - TSA Loose Change Act113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Miller, Jeff [R-FL-1] (Introduced 03/12/2013)|
|Committees:||House - Homeland Security | Senate - Commerce, Science, and Transportation|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 113-274|
|Latest Action:||12/09/2013 Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
Text: H.R.1095 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Referred in Senate (12/09/2013)
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
To amend title 49, United States Code, to direct the Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security (Transportation Security Administration) to transfer unclaimed money recovered at airport security checkpoints to nonprofit organizations that provide places of rest and recuperation at airports for members of the Armed Forces and their families, and for other purposes.
This Act may be cited as the “TSA Loose Change Act”.
(a) Disposition of unclaimed money.—Section 44945(a) of title 49, United States Code, is amended—
(1) by inserting “after the date of enactment of the TSA Loose Change Act,” after “title 31,”;
(2) by striking “shall be retained by the Transportation Security Administration” and all that follows through “this chapter” and inserting “shall be annually transferred, based on requests for proposals, by the Assistant Secretary to nonprofit organizations that operate airport centers in multiple locations throughout the United States to provide places of rest and recuperation for members of the Armed Forces and their families”; and
(3) by adding at the end the following new sentence: “The Assistant Secretary shall ensure that the name of each nonprofit agency to which funds are transferred under this subsection is printed in the Federal Register.”.
(1) by striking “the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure of the House of Representatives” and inserting “the Committee on Homeland Security of the House of Representatives”; and
(2) by striking “and specifically how the unclaimed money is being used to provide civil aviation security” and inserting “and the amount of unclaimed money transferred to nonprofit organizations under section 44945(a) of title 49, United States Code, and the dates of such transfers”.
Passed the House of Representatives December 3, 2013.
|Attest:||karen l. haas,|