H.R.1668 - Safely Sheltering Disaster Victims Act of 2013113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Velazquez, Nydia M. [D-NY-7] (Introduced 04/23/2013)|
|Committees:||House - Financial Services; Appropriations; Budget|
|Latest Action:||House - 04/23/2013 Referred to House Budget (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.1668 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (04/23/2013)
Safely Sheltering Disaster Victims Act of 2013 - Transfers a specified amount made available for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Fund in the Disaster Relief Appropriations Act, 2013 to the Public and Indian Housing Tenant-Based Rental Assistance HUD account for tenant-based rental assistance only, including related administrative expenses, to areas impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
Subjects such funds to specified requirements, including that:
- they be made available for such assistance by 60 days after enactment of this Act;
- the HUD Secretary waive the public housing agency (PHA) project-based limitation for use of such assistance (under the voucher program) for low-income families;
- the amounts may be provided only to PHAs that agree to give a preference to making such assistance available to eligible families displaced by Hurricane Sandy;
- such families are otherwise eligible for such assistance; and
- an eligible family may continue to receive such assistance after the transferred amounts are no longer available, subject to family eligibility and the availability of amounts in appropriation Acts.
Retains the designation of such amounts as an emergency requirement pursuant to the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 (Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Act).