H.R.4119 - West Hunter Street Baptist Church Study Act113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Johnson, Henry C. "Hank," Jr. [D-GA-4] (Introduced 02/28/2014)|
|Committees:||House - Natural Resources | Senate - Energy and Natural Resources|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 113-592|
|Latest Action:||09/16/2014 Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
Summary: H.R.4119 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Passed House amended (09/15/2014)
West Hunter Street Baptist Church Study Act - Directs the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource study of the historic West Hunter Street Baptist Church located at 775 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia, and the block on which the Church is located.
Requires the Secretary to
- evaluate the national significance of the site;
- determine the suitability and feasibility of designating such area as a unit of the National Park System;
- consider alternatives for the preservation, protection, and interpretation of the site;
- consider the effect of the designation of the study area as a unit of the National Park System on existing commercial and recreational activities, including but not limited to hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting, and on the authorization, construction, operation, maintenance, or improvement of energy production and transmission infrastructure, and the authority of state and local governments to manage those activities;
- identify any authorities, including condemnation, that will compel or permit the Secretary to influence or participate in local land use decisions (such as zoning) or place restrictions on non-federal lands if the study area is designated as a unit of the National Park System.
Requires owners of private property adjacent to the study area to be notified of the study's commencement and scope.
Requires the Secretary to submit to Congress a report containing the results of the study and any conclusions and recommendations.