H.R.4426 - Clean Energy Victory Bond Act of 2014113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Lofgren, Zoe [D-CA-19] (Introduced 04/08/2014)|
|Committees:||House - Ways and Means; Energy and Commerce|
|Latest Action:||House - 04/11/2014 Referred to the Subcommittee on Energy and Power. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4426 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (04/08/2014)
Clean Energy Victory Bond Act of 2014 - Directs the Secretary of the Treasury to issue, and promote the purchase of, Clean Energy Victory Bonds to pay for the energy-related tax benefits extended by this Act.
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
- extend through 2022 the tax credit for investment in solar energy property, geothermal heat pumps, fuel cell property, microturbine property, combined heat and power system property, and small wind energy property;
- allow an energy tax credit for investment in offshore wind facilities placed in service before January 1, 2021;
- extend through 2022 the tax credit for residential energy efficiency improvements;
- extend through 2022 the placed-in-service requirement for wind facilities and other renewable energy facilities for purposes of the tax credit for producing electricity from renewable resources;
- extend through 2022 the tax credit for nonbusiness residential energy property;
- allow a new tax credit, through 2022, for home energy efficiency improvements that increase energy efficiency by at least 20%;
- extend through 2022 the tax credit for new energy efficient homes; and
- increase, and extend through 2022, the tax deduction for energy efficient commercial buildings.
Directs the Secretary of Energy to establish a voluntary voucher program, through 2017, for the purchase of plug-in electric vehicles.