H.R.4675 - Kerry Rose Fire Sprinkler Notification Act113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Israel, Steve [D-NY-3] (Introduced 05/19/2014)|
|Committees:||House - Education and the Workforce|
|Latest Action:||House - 11/17/2014 Referred to the Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4675 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (05/19/2014)
Kerry Rose Fire Sprinkler Notification Act - Amends title IV (Student Assistance) of the Higher Education Act of 1965 to require institutions of higher education (IHEs) participating in title IV programs to include in their annual fire safety report: (1) the number and percentage of beds at their student housing facilities that are protected by an automatic fire sprinkler system in the bedroom, and (2) the number and percentage that are not so protected.
Directs the Secretary of Education to make publicly available statistics on the number and percentage, in the aggregate and by state, of:
- student housing facilities at IHEs with less than 100% of the beds protected by an automatic fire sprinkler system in the bedroom,
- student housing facilities at IHEs with less than 50% of the beds so protected,
- beds at student housing facilities at IHEs that are so protected, and
- beds at such facilities that are not so protected.
Defines "student housing facilities" to include facilities that are campus facilities and facilities that are noncampus buildings or properties.
Requires IHEs that maintain student housing facilities to:
- include in all materials relating to such facilities information on whether they are equipped with a fire safety system that includes an automatic fire sprinkler system in each bedroom,
- give students who are selecting a student housing facility written notice as to whether or not the facility has such a system, and
- give students written notice on the date they move into a student housing facility as to whether the facility has such a system and how its fire safety system is described in the IHE's annual fire safety report.