H.R.4713 - JOE Act113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Womack, Steve [R-AR-3] (Introduced 05/21/2014)|
|Committees:||House - Education and the Workforce|
|Latest Action:||House - 05/21/2014 Referred to the House Committee on Education and the Workforce. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4713 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (05/21/2014)
Jumpstarting Occupational-learning and Entrepreneurship Act or the JOE Act - Amends the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 to exempt school-based enterprises that are managed as part of a school's curriculum from the nutrition standards for foods sold in schools that are not foods provided under the school lunch and breakfast programs.
Defines a "school-based enterprise" as an entrepreneurial operation in a school setting that:
- provides goods or services to meet the needs of the market;
- is managed and operated by students as a hands-on learning laboratory;
- provides realistic and practical learning experiences that reinforce classroom instruction;
- may sell to consumers through a permanent location, a mobile kiosk, or through Internet marketing; and
- may sell products such as food and beverage items or provide services such as event catering.