H.R.5357 - Saint Francis Dam Disaster National Memorial Act113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. McKeon, Howard P. "Buck" [R-CA-25] (Introduced 07/31/2014)|
|Committees:||House - Natural Resources|
|Latest Action:||House - 08/15/2014 Referred to the Subcommittee on Public Lands and Environmental Regulation. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.5357 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/31/2014)
Saint Francis Dam Disaster National Memorial Act - Establishes: (1) the Saint Francis Dam Disaster National Memorial at the Saint Francis Dam site in Los Angeles County, California, to honor the victims of the Saint Francis Dam disaster of March 12, 1928; (2) the Saint Francis Dam Disaster National Monument; and (3) the Saint Francis Dam Advisory Commission.
Requires the Commission to:
- report recommendations for the planning, design, construction, and long-term management of the Memorial;
- advise the Secretary of the Interior on the boundaries of the Memorial; and
- consult and coordinate with the Saint Francis Dam Task Force and the state of California to support the efforts of the Task Force to commemorate the disaster.
Terminates the Commission upon dedication of the completed Memorial.
Authorizes the Secretary to:
- provide assistance to the Commission and the Task Force,
- participate in the formulation of plans for the design of the Memorial,
- acquire lands for the Memorial,
- accept funds raised by the Commission for construction of the Memorial,
- construct the Memorial, and
- administer the Memorial as a unit of the National Park System.
Requires the Secretary to: (1) manage the Monument in a manner that conserves, protects, and enhances its resources; and (2) develop a management plan for the Monument.