H.R.5403 - Reforming CFPB Indirect Auto Financing Guidance Act113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Stutzman, Marlin A. [R-IN-3] (Introduced 09/08/2014)|
|Committees:||House - Financial Services|
|Latest Action:||09/08/2014 Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.5403 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (09/08/2014)
Reforming CFPB Indirect Auto Financing Guidance Act - Declares without force or effect Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Bulletin 2013-02 (Indirect Auto Lending and Compliance with the Equal Credit Opportunity Act), published March 21, 2013.
Amends the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010 to direct the CFPB, when proposing and issuing guidance primarily related to indirect auto financing, to:
- provide for a public notice and comment period before issuing the guidance in final form;
- make publicly available all information relied on by the CFPB;
- redact any information exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act;
- consult with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and the Department of Justice (DOJ); and
- study the costs and impacts of the guidance to consumers and women-owned, minority-owned, and small businesses.