H.R.5764 - Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Act of 2014113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Joyce, David P. [R-OH-14] (Introduced 11/20/2014)|
|Committees:||House - Transportation and Infrastructure|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 12/10/2014 Received in the Senate. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
Summary: H.R.5764 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Information (Except Text)
Passed House without amendment (12/09/2014)
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary has been expanded because action occurred on the measure.)
Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Act of 2014 - Amends the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) to authorize the Environmental Protection Agency's Great Lakes Restoration Initiative for FY2015-FY2019.
Requires that the Initiative carry out programs and projects for Great Lakes protection and restoration. Directs the Initiative to prioritize programs and projects, including:
- the remediation of toxic substances and areas of concern;
- the prevention and control of invasive species and their impacts;
- the protection and restoration of near-shore health and the prevention and mitigation of nonpoint source pollution (water pollution that comes from many diffuse sources, such as pollution on the ground picked up by rain or snow);
- habitat and wildlife protection and restoration; and
- accountability, monitoring, evaluation, communication, and partnership activities.
Prohibits funding made available to implement the Initiative from being used for any water infrastructure activity (other than a green infrastructure project that improves habitat and other ecosystem functions in the Great Lakes) for which funding is made available under the clean water or drinking water state revolving fund program.
Requires federal agencies to maintain the base level of funding for their Great Lakes activities without regard to funding under the Initiative and identify new activities to support the environmental goals of the Initiative.