H.J.Res.62 - Stability, Security, and Fairness Resolution of 2013113th Congress (2013-2014)
Joint ResolutionHide Overview icon-hide
|Sponsor:||Rep. Graves, Tom [R-GA-14] (Introduced 09/12/2013)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations; Budget; Ways and Means|
|Latest Action:||09/12/2013 Referred to the Committee on Appropriations, and in addition to the Committees on the Budget, and Ways and Means, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.J.Res.62 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (09/12/2013)
Stability, Security, and Fairness Resolution of 2013 - Makes continuing appropriations for FY2014.
Appropriates amounts for continuing operations, projects, or activities which were conducted in FY2013 and for which appropriations, funds, or other authority were made available in:
- the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 (division A of P.L. 113-6);
- the Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 (division B of P.L. 113-6); and
- The Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (division F of P.L. 113-6).
Requires the rate for operations for each account to be calculated to reflect the full amount of any reduction required in FY2013 pursuant to:
- section 3004 of division G of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (P.L. 113-6), if any; and
- the sequestration order issued to enforce a specified budget goal pursuant to the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of of 1985 (Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Act).
(The Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Act was amended by the Budget Control Act of 2011 to revise the discretionary spending limits and reduce the discretionary appropriations and direct spending specified in the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Act unless a joint committee bill achieving an amount greater than $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction would be enacted by January 15, 2012.)
Provides funding under this joint resolution through FY2014, unless otherwise provided for in this division or in the applicable appropriations Act.
Authorizes continuation of other specified activities (including those for entitlements and other mandatory payments) through such fiscal year.
Enacts the following bills into law:
- H.R. 2216 (Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2014), as engrossed by the House of Representatives on June 4, 2013;
- H.R. 2217 (Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2014), as engrossed by the House on June 6, 2013; and
- H.R. 2397 (Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2014), as engrossed by the House on July 24, 2013.
Amends the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Act to reduce the discretionary category in new budget authority for FY2014 from $1.066 trillion to $967.473 million.
Requires the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), if for FY2014 the amount of new budget authority provided by this joint resolution exceeds such discretionary spending limits, to increase the applicable percentage of 0% by the amount necessary to eliminate the excess of the limit.
Rescinds the applicable 0%, subject to such requirement, of:
- the budget authority provided (or obligation limit imposed) for FY2014 for any discretionary account in section 101 of this joint resolution,
- the budget authority provided in any advance appropriation for FY2014 for any discretionary account (excluding any account funded under section 111 of this joint resolution) in any prior fiscal year appropriation Act, and
- the contract authority provided in FY2014 for any program subject to limitation incorporated or otherwise contained in section 101 of this joint resolution.
- amounts designated by the Congress for Overseas Contingency Operations/Global War on Terrorism (OCO/GWOT) or for disaster relief; or
- the amount made available by this joint resolution for "Social Security Administration, Limitation on Administrative Expenses" for continuing disability reviews under titles II (Federal Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance [OASDI] Benefits) and XVI (Grants to States for Aid to the Aged, Blind, or Disabled) of the Social Security Act (SSA), and for the cost associated with conducting redeterminations of eligibility under SSA title XVI.
Prohibits, during any fiscal year, the use of federal funds to carryout: (1) the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA); or (2) certain PPACA related requirements in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.
Rescinds any funds provided by PPACA, its title, or subtitle for FY2014.
- the obligation of any PPACA funds for FY2015 until January 1, 2015; and
- implementation of PPACA, its related requirements in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, or amendments made by either Act until December 31, 2014.