H.J.Res.65 - Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Crawford, Eric A. "Rick" [R-AR-1] (Introduced 09/25/2013)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations; Budget|
|Latest Action:||House - 09/25/2013 Referred to House Budget (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.J.Res.65 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (09/25/2013)
Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014 - Makes continuing appropriations for FY2014.
Appropriates amounts for continuing operations, projects, or activities which were conducted in FY2013 and for which appropriations, funds, or other authority were made available in:
- the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 (division A of P.L. 113-6);
- the Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 (division B of P.L. 113-6);
- the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 (division C of P.L. 113-6);
- the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2013 (division D of P.L. 113-6);
- the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 (division E of P.L. 113-6); and
- The Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (division F of P.L. 113-6).
Requires the rate for operations for each account to be calculated to reflect the full amount of any reduction required in FY2013 pursuant to:
- any provision of division G of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (P.L. 113-6); and
- the presidential sequestration order dated March 1, 2013, except as attributable to budget authority made available by: (1) the Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013 (P.L. 112-175); or (2) the Disaster Relief Appropriations Act, 2013 (P.L. 113-2).
Provides funding under this joint resolution until whichever of the following first occurs: (1) enactment of an appropriation for any project or activity provided for in it; (2) enactment of the applicable appropriations Act for FY2014 without any provision for such project or activity; or (3) October 31, 2013.
Authorizes continuation of other specified activities (including those for entitlements and other mandatory payments) through such date.
Allows amounts made available for the Department of Commerce--National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)--Procurement, Acquisition and Construction to be apportioned up to the rate for operations necessary to maintain the planned launch schedules for the Joint Polar Satellite System and the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite system.
Declares that, unless each chamber votes on the passage of a concurrent resolution consistent with the following requirement, this joint resolution shall have no force or effect.
Requires the matter after the resolving clause of such concurrent resolution to state that "Congress affirms that it makes sense for the federal government to rush ahead with $1.3 trillion in new entitlement spending under the Affordable Care Act (PPACA) even though our nation is in the middle of a debt crisis and Social Security and Medicare are on the brink of bankruptcy."