S.2410 - Carl Levin National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015113th Congress (2013-2014)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Levin, Carl [D-MI] (Introduced 06/02/2014)|
|Committees:||Senate - Armed Services|
|Committee Reports:||S. Rept. 113-176|
|Latest Action:||06/02/2014 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 402. (All Actions)|
|Notes:||For further action, see H.R.3979, which became Public Law 113-291 on 12/19/2014.|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.2410 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (06/02/2014)
Carl Levin National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015 - Authorizes FY2015 appropriations for military activities of the Department of Defense (DOD), military construction, and for national security activities of the Department of Energy (DOE). Authorizes military personnel strengths for FY2015.
Authorizes FY2015 appropriations to DOD for:
- procurement, including aircraft, missiles, weapons and tracked combat vehicles, ammunition, shipbuilding and conversion, and other procurement;
- research, development, test, and evaluation;
- operation and maintenance;
- military personnel;
- working capital funds;
- the National Sea-Based Deterrence Fund;
- chemical agents and munitions destruction;
- drug interdiction and counter-drug activities;
- the Office of the Inspector General;
- the Defense Health Program; and
- overseas contingency operations.
Sets forth provisions or requirements concerning:
- end strengths for active and reserve forces;
- military personnel policy, including education and training, sexual assault prevention and response, and military justice and legal matters;
- military pay and allowances;
- military health care;
- acquisition policy and management, including major defense acquisition programs;
- DOD organization and management;
- financial matters;
- counter-drug activities;
- civilian personnel matters;
- matters relating to foreign nations, including assistance and training;
- cooperative threat reduction;
- nuclear forces;
- space, intelligence, and cyberspace related matters; and
- military construction and military family housing.
Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015 - Authorizes appropriations for FY2015 for military construction for the Armed Forces and defense agencies.
Authorizes appropriation for FY2015 to the Department of Energy for national security programs.