H.R.2418 - Fuel Choice for American Prosperity and Security Act of 2015114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Dold, Robert J. [R-IL-10] (Introduced 05/19/2015)|
|Committees:||House - Energy and Commerce|
|Latest Action:||05/22/2015 Referred to the Subcommittee on Energy and Power. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.2418 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (05/19/2015)
Fuel Choice for American Prosperity and Security Act of 2015
Revises requirements for calculating the average fuel economy for automobile manufacturers.
Prescribes requirements to calculate the average fuel economy for a manufacturer of a fuel choice enabling vehicle to be the average fuel economy determined for an automobile manufacturer, plus 4 miles per gallon.
Defines "fuel choice enabling vehicle" to mean an automobile that:
- operates on natural gas, hydrogen, propane, or biodiesel;
- is a flexible fuel vehicle;
- is a plug-in electric drive vehicle;
- is propelled solely by a fuel cell that produces power without the use of petroleum or petroleum-based fuel; or
- is propelled solely by something other than an internal combustion engine that operates on something other than petroleum-based fuel.