H.R.3055 - Cuba DATA Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Cramer, Kevin [R-ND-At Large] (Introduced 07/14/2015)|
|Committees:||House - Foreign Affairs; Energy and Commerce|
|Latest Action:||07/17/2015 Referred to the Subcommittee on Communications and Technology. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.3055 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/14/2015)
Cuba Digital and Telecommunications Advancement Act of 2015 or the Cuba DATA Act
This bill authorizes the President to permit any person subject to U.S. jurisdiction to:
- export consumer communication devices and other telecommunications equipment to Cuba;
- provide telecommunications services involving Cuba or persons in Cuba;
- establish facilities to provide telecommunications services connecting Cuba with another country, or to provide telecommunications services in Cuba;
- conduct any transaction incident to carrying out such activities; and
- enter into, perform, and make and receive payments under a contract with any individual or entity in Cuba regarding the provision of telecommunications services involving Cuba or persons in Cuba.
Repeals or amends specified requirements and prohibitions of: (1) the Cuban Democracy Act of 1992, and (2) the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (LIBERTAD) Act of 1996.