H.R.3284 - Mary Jo Lawyer Spano Mesothelioma Patient Registry Act of 2015114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Katko, John [R-NY-24] (Introduced 07/29/2015)|
|Committees:||House - Energy and Commerce|
|Latest Action:||House - 07/31/2015 Referred to the Subcommittee on Health. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.3284 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/29/2015)
Mary Jo Lawyer Spano Mesothelioma Patient Registry Act of 2015
This bill amends the Public Health Service Act to direct the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry to develop a patient registry to collect data on mesothelioma.
The Agency shall use the registry to:
- enhance and expand infrastructure and activities for tracking the epidemiology of mesothelioma patients;
- collect, consolidate, and report on health information on mesothelioma patients;
- describe the incidence and prevalence of mesothelioma in the United States;
- facilitate research on mesothelioma;
- examine factors that may be associated with mesothelioma;
- outline key demographic factors associated with mesothelioma; and
- make information available to the public to facilitate and enhance research on, and the prevention and treatment of, mesothelioma.
The Agency: (1) shall provide for the collection and storage of information on the incidence and prevalence of mesothelioma in the United States and information concerning demographics and other information associated with mesothelioma, such as geographic location and family history, risk factors, and diagnosis and progression markers; (2) may provide for the collection and storage of information relevant to analysis on mesothelioma, such as information concerning the epidemiology, natural history, and prevention of the disease, the detection, management, and treatment approaches for the disease, and the development of outcomes measures; and (3) shall make registry information available to federal agencies and the public.