H.R.3630 - PUGET SOS Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Heck, Denny [D-WA-10] (Introduced 09/28/2015)|
|Committees:||House - Transportation and Infrastructure|
|Latest Action:||House - 09/29/2015 Referred to the Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.3630 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (09/28/2015)
Promoting United Government Efforts to Save Our Sound Act or the PUGET SOS Act
This bill amends the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) to provide for the coordination of federal Puget Sound recovery efforts with state, local and tribal recovery efforts, including by establishing:
- conditions for approval by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of the Comprehensive Conservation Management Plan for the Puget Sound region;
- a Puget Sound Recovery National Program Office within the EPA;
- a Puget Sound Federal Leadership Task Force;
- a Save America's Puget Sound Fund in the Department of the Treasury for certain Puget Sound recovery and protection efforts that are included in the Puget Sound Partnership's Action Agenda; and
- reporting requirements on the status of Puget Sound's recovery.
The Puget Sound is an estuary in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Washington.