H.R.4047 - Open Fuel Act of 2015114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Engel, Eliot L. [D-NY-16] (Introduced 11/17/2015)|
|Committees:||House - Energy and Commerce|
|Latest Action:||House - 11/20/2015 Referred to the Subcommittee on Energy and Power. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4047 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (11/17/2015)
Open Fuel Act of 2015
This bill requires each fleet of a manufacturer of passenger automobiles (including light-duty motor vehicles) to comprise at least:
- 30% qualified vehicles in model year 2018, and
- 50% qualified vehicles in model year 2019 and each subsequent year.
A "qualified vehicle" is:
- a vehicle that operates on natural gas, hydrogen, or biodiesel;
- a flexible fuel vehicle capable of operating on gasoline, E85, and M85;
- a plug-in electric drive vehicle; or
- a vehicle propelled solely by fuel cell or by something other than an internal combustion engine.
The bill authorizes a manufacturer to request an exemption from such requirement from the Department of Transportation.