H.R.4674 - Nepal Recovery Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Meng, Grace [D-NY-6] (Introduced 03/02/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Foreign Affairs|
|Latest Action:||House - 03/02/2016 Referred to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4674 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (03/02/2016)
Nepal Recovery Act
This bill authorizes the President to provide technical and financial assistance for programs that: (1) improve Nepal's basic infrastructure following the earthquakes in affected communities; (2) support economic growth, including through agriculture and small-scale enterprise opportunities; (3) promote health and basic education programs; and (4) support democracy programs that promote political reforms, including strengthening democratic institutions and rule of law.
The U.S. Trade and Development Agency may provide accelerated response in Nepal for:
- project identification and investment analyses;
- trade capacity building and sector development activities, including technical assistance and feasibility studies that support investments in infrastructure that contribute to overseas development; and
- trade capacity building and sector development assistance supporting the establishment of industry standards, market liberalization, and other policy reform, with a particular focus on engineering and construction.
The U.S Agency for International Development shall report to Congress regarding:
- the effectiveness of U.S. investment in Nepal in disaster risk reduction and recovery program improvement; and
- the effectiveness of international humanitarian and reconstruction assistance provided to Nepal, and a related assessment of U.S. anti-corruption efforts.
The Department of State shall report to Congress regarding impediments to Nepal's recovery efforts.