H.R.4735 - Architect of the Capitol Administrative Operations Improvement Act of 2016114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Brady, Robert A. [D-PA-1] (Introduced 03/14/2016)|
|Committees:||House - House Administration; Transportation and Infrastructure; Appropriations|
|Latest Action:||House - 03/15/2016 Referred to the Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4735 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (03/14/2016)
Architect of the Capitol Administrative Operations Improvement Act of 2016
This bill establishes in the Treasury a Working Capital Fund for the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), whose amounts shall be available for:
- appropriate, efficient, and economical common agency services, activities, equipment, and other common costs; and
- construction, capital repairs, renovations, rehabilitation, maintenance of real property, and similar agency expenses, on a reimbursable basis within the AOC.
The Fund shall consist of, among other things, appropriations as well as:
- the reasonable value of stocks of supplies, equipment, and other assets and inventories on order that the AOC transfers to the Fund, minus related liabilities and unpaid obligations;
- receipts from the sale or exchange of property held in the Fund;
- all miscellaneous receipts compensating the AOC for loss or damage to any government property under its jurisdiction or care, including the U.S. Botanic Garden; and
- reimbursements and transfers from certain other accounts.
The Fund shall be reimbursed from available AOC accounts for supplies, materials, services, and related expenses, at rates which will approximate the full cost of operations, including:
- accrual of employee leave and benefits;
- depreciation of plant, property, and equipment; and
The AOC may use certain appropriations for the purchase or rental, maintenance, and operation of passenger motor vehicles to provide shuttle service for Members and employees of Congress to and from the House Office Buildings.
Available balances of expired AOC appropriations shall be available to the AOC for reimbursing the Department of Labor for any unemployment compensation payments for former AOC employees, without regard to the fiscal year for which the obligation to make such payments is incurred.