H.R.4869 - Comprehensive Strategy to Destroy ISIL Act of 2016114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Kinzinger, Adam [R-IL-16] (Introduced 03/23/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Foreign Affairs; Intelligence (Permanent Select); Armed Services|
|Latest Action:||House - 04/29/2016 Referred to the Subcommittee on Terrorism, Nonproliferation, and Trade. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4869 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (03/23/2016)
Comprehensive Strategy to Destroy ISIL Act of 2016
This bill directs the Department of Defense and the Department of State to jointly develop and submit to Congress a strategy to destroy the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and its affiliates.
The Director of National Intelligence shall assess for Congress:
- the willingness and capabilities of coalition members and allies to defeat ISIL and its affiliates;
- the presence of ISIL or its affiliates in countries other than Syria, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, and Afghanistan;
- prevention of radicalization of citizens of regional countries by ISIL and its affiliates;
- the number of foreign fighters joining ISIL and its affiliates and tactics to prevent further recruitment; and
- significant U.S. intelligence gaps concerning ISIL and its affiliates and the ability of the United States to carry out a regional strategy to defeat ISIL and its affiliates.