H.R.5599 - Plymouth 400th Commemoration Commission Act of 2016114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Keating, William R. [D-MA-9] (Introduced 06/28/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Oversight and Government Reform|
|Latest Action:||House - 06/28/2016 Referred to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.5599 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (06/28/2016)
Plymouth 400th Commemoration Commission Act of 2016
This bill establishes the Plymouth 400th Commemoration Commission to:
- assist in the planning, development, and implementation of programs and activities to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the voyage of Mayflower and the founding of Plymouth Colony, Massachusetts;
- facilitate such activities throughout the United States;
- encourage civic, military, historical, educational, religious, economic, and other organizations to organize and participate in commemoration activities to expand the understanding and appreciation of the significance of the founding and early history of Plymouth Colony;
- coordinate and facilitate for the public scholarly research and publications regarding, and interpretation of, the cultures present in 17th Century Plymouth Colony, including the English colonists and the indigenous Wampanoag tribes; and
- ensure that the 400th anniversary of Plymouth provides a lasting legacy and long-term public benefit by assisting in the development of appropriate programs and facilities.
The commission shall: (1) prepare a strategic plan and an annual performance plan; and (2) submit a final report by December 31, 2021, that includes a summary of its activities, a final accounting of its funds, and its findings or recommendations.
The commission shall terminate on December 31, 2021.