H.R.5679 - Pre-College Engineering Education Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Ryan, Tim [D-OH-13] (Introduced 07/07/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Science, Space, and Technology; Education and the Workforce|
|Latest Action:||House - 09/30/2016 Referred to the Subcommittee on Research and Technology. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.5679 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/07/2016)
Pre-College Engineering Education Act
This bill establishes a grant program to encourage, through public-private partnerships, the development and implementation by states and local educational agencies of sustainable engineering education programs in elementary and secondary schools. The National Science Foundation (NSF) shall administer the program.
Grantees may use funds to:
- research, review, and analyze the effectiveness of existing research-based instructional materials;
- select or develop new research-based instructional materials;
- teach students the overall analytical approached used in engineering;
- prepare students who may pursue engineering studies in college or enter careers related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics;
- increase participation of underrepresented student groups in the engineering pipeline; and
- provide professional development for teachers to teach pre-college engineering.
The NSF shall study and report on program activities and results.