H.R.5911 - Countering Violent Extremism Task Force Oversight Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Young, Todd C. [R-IN-9] (Introduced 07/14/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Homeland Security; Judiciary|
|Latest Action:||House - 08/19/2016 Referred to the Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.5911 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/14/2016)
Countering Violent Extremism Task Force Oversight Act
This bill requires the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice to jointly submit to Congress an annual report on the Countering Violent Extremism Task Force.
Each report shall include an examination of how the task force:
- plans and coordinates countering violent extremism programs of the federal government;
- evaluates the effectiveness of such programs;
- plans and coordinates such programs that specifically address and counter the threat of radicalization of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents by foreign terrorists or foreign terrorist organizations through the Internet, social media, or other platforms; and
- plans and coordinates such programs that specifically address and counter the threat of lone wolf acts of terrorism conducted by U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents who have been radicalized.
Each such report also shall examine:
- the levels of funding, personnel, and agency resources that are devoted to the task force;
- problems and difficulties associated with the development, implementation, and coordination of such programs;
- a comparison of the task force with similar organizations and programs employed by U.S. allies and partners; and
- proposed policy recommendations for developing coordinated, coherent, cohesive whole-government countering violent extremism programs.