H.R.5974 - Coptic Churches Accountability Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Trott, David A. [R-MI-11] (Introduced 09/08/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Foreign Affairs|
|Latest Action:||House - 09/08/2016 Referred to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.5974 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (09/08/2016)
Coptic Churches Accountability Act
This bill directs the Department of State, until 2021, to submit an annual report describing:
- the progress made in restoring or repairing Christian religious property and property owned by Christians in Egypt that was damaged or destroyed during the August 2013 sectarian violence;
- implementation of the law Egypt passed in 2016 that imposes significant burdens on church building; and
- the nature and extent of Egyptian laws and policies regarding the construction of Christian churches or places of worship.
The State Department shall ensure that each country report on human rights practices for Egypt and each report on international religious freedom contains:
- a summary of the progress made in restoring religious property; and
- a list of each Christian church, place of worship, or other Christian religious property and each item of property belonging to a Christian church that was damaged or destroyed.