H.R.6110 - Allow State Sovereignty Upon Refugee Entry (ASSURE) Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Perry, Scott [R-PA-4] (Introduced 09/21/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Judiciary|
|Latest Action:||House - 10/11/2016 Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.6110 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (09/21/2016)
Allow State Sovereignty Upon Refugee Entry (ASSURE) Act
This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to set forth requirements for programs for domestic resettlement of, and assistance to, refugees.
Before initial placement or resettlement of a refugee in a state, and before any assistance under such Act is provided to a refugee in a state, the Office of Refugee Resettlement must submit to the state legislature, and the state must enact, a plan covering that refugee, which includes:
- the costs to the state for housing, providing benefits to, and education of, the refugee;
- vaccination and health records, and the criminal history, of the refugee;
- any ties to a terrorist organization;
- whether the refugee is affiliated with groups listed as unindicted co-conspirators in the case of United States of America v. Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development;
- records of the refugee found in the Department of State's Consular Lookout and Support System; and
- records from the refugee interview conducted by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
If such plan is signed into law, the state may enter contracts to carry out programs for domestic resettlement of, and assistance to, covered refugees. The state shall be reimbursed by the federal government for expenses incurred.
The Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) shall ensure that every Identity History Summary provided by the FBI includes: (1) the subject's immigration or citizenship status, and (2) any violation of federal immigration laws that has been adjudicated regarding the subject.