H.R.6407 - VA Management Alignment Act of 2016114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Kilmer, Derek [D-WA-6] (Introduced 11/30/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Veterans' Affairs|
|Latest Action:||House - 11/30/2016 Referred to the Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.6407 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (11/30/2016)
VA Management Alignment Act of 2016
This bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to submit to the Committees on Veterans' Affairs of the Senate and the House of Representatives a report (including recommendations for appropriate legislation) regarding the roles, responsibility, and accountability of elements and individuals of the VA.
In creating such report, the VA shall utilize the results of:
- the Independent Assessment of the Health Care Delivery Systems and Management Process of the VA established by the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014;
- any study or report by the Commission on Care established by such Act; and
- other studies or reports, including a report titled "Task Force on Improving Effectiveness of VHA Governance: Report to the VHA Under Secretary for Health," dated February 28, 2015.
The VA shall also specify clearly delineated roles and responsibilities to optimize the organizational effectiveness and accountability of each:
- Administration, staff office, or staff organization and each subordinate organization thereof; and
- key leader of the VA in relation to any Administration, staff office, or staff organization, Veteran Integrated Service Network, or medical facility.