H.R.6459 - Supporting Youth Opportunity and Preventing Delinquency Act of 2016114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Curbelo, Carlos [R-FL-26] (Introduced 12/07/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Education and the Workforce|
|Latest Action:||12/07/2016 Referred to the House Committee on Education and the Workforce. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.6459 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (12/07/2016)
Supporting Youth Opportunity and Preventing Delinquency Act of 2016
This bill amends the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 1974 (JJDPA) to modify and reauthorize juvenile justice programs and activities.
- revises and reauthorizes through FY2022 programs and activities under title II of the JJDPA, including the State Formula Grant Program and the activities of the Department of Justice's Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP);
- revises and expands the purpose areas of the JJDPA;
- expands membership on the Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention to include the Administrator of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and the Secretary of the Interior;
- expands requirements for the OJJDP's annual report on juveniles in custody;
- modifies the required components of a state's juvenile justice and prevention plan;
- modifies the four core requirements with which a state must comply to receive a full allocation of funds under the State Formula Grant Program; and
- repeals the Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Block Grant program.
The bill revises, restructures, and reauthorizes through FY2022 programs under title V of the JJDPA, including the Incentive Grants for Local Delinquency Prevention Program.
The Government Accountability Office must evaluate the OJJDP's performance and audit selected grant recipients.
The bill subjects juvenile justice grants to accountability provisions.