H.R.6504 - To prohibit the use of United States Government funds to provide assistance to Al Qaeda, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and to countries supporting those organizations, and for other purposes.114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Gabbard, Tulsi [D-HI-2] (Introduced 12/08/2016)|
|Committees:||House - Foreign Affairs; Intelligence (Permanent)|
|Latest Action:||House - 12/08/2016 Referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs, and in addition to the Committee on Intelligence (Permanent Select), for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.6504 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (12/08/2016)
This bill prohibits the use of federal agency funds to provide covered assistance to: (1) Al Qaeda, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), or any individual or group that is affiliated with, associated with, cooperating with, or adherents to such groups; or (2) the government of any country that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) determines has, within the most recent 12 months, provided covered assistance to such a group or individual.
"Covered assistance" is defined as:
- defense articles, defense services, training or logistical support, or any other military assistance provided by grant, loan, credit, transfer, or cash sales;
- intelligence sharing; or
- cash assistance.
The ODNI shall:
- make, within 90 days after this bill's enactment, initial determinations about such countries and about whether an individual or group is, or has been within the most recent 12 months, affiliated with, associated with, cooperating with, or an adherent to Al Qaeda, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, or ISIL;
- review and make subsequent determinations regarding such countries, groups, or individuals every 6 months in consultation with specified congressional committees;
- brief such committees on each determination; and
- brief such committees on any other country, individual, or group that the ODNI considered but did not make a determination that the the country provided covered assistance to, or that the group or individual is affiliated with, associated with, cooperating with, or an adherent to, Al Qaeda, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, or ISIL.