H.Res.401 - Supporting the goals and ideals of "Vietnam Veterans Day".114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Perry, Scott [R-PA-4] (Introduced 07/29/2015)|
|Committees:||House - Veterans' Affairs|
|Latest Action:||House - 07/29/2015 Referred to the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.Res.401 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/29/2015)
Honors and recognizes the contributions of veterans who served in the U.S. Armed Forces in Vietnam.
Encourages states and local governments to designate a Vietnam Veterans Day.
Encourages the people of the United States to observe Vietnam Veterans Day with appropriate ceremonies and activities that:
- provide the appreciation that such veterans deserve, but did not receive upon returning home from the war;
- demonstrate the resolve that never again shall the people of the United States disregard or denigrate a generation of veterans;
- promote awareness of the contributions of such veterans during military service as well as to their communities;
- promote awareness of the importance of entire communities empowering veterans and their families readjust to civilian life after military service; and
- promote opportunities for Vietnam veterans to assist younger veterans returning from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.