H.Res.461 - Establishing a Select Investigative Panel of the Committee on Energy and Commerce.114th Congress (2015-2016)
ResolutionHide Overview icon-hide
|Sponsor:||Rep. Foxx, Virginia [R-NC-5] (Introduced 10/06/2015)|
|Committees:||House - Rules|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 114-288|
|Latest Action:||10/07/2015 Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection. (All Actions)|
|Roll Call Votes:||There has been 1 roll call vote|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
Summary: H.Res.461 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Passed House amended (10/07/2015)
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The expanded summary of the House reported version is repeated here.)
Establishes a Select Investigative Panel of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
(Sec. 3) Requires the Panel to investigate and report on:
- medical procedures and business practices used by entities involved in fetal tissue procurement;
- any other relevant matters with respect to such procurement;
- federal funding and support for abortion providers;
- the practices of providers of second and third trimester abortions, including partial birth abortion and procedures that may lead to a child born alive as a result of an attempted abortion;
- medical procedures for the care of a child born alive as a result of an attempted abortion; and
- any changes in law or regulation necessary resulting from such findings.
(Sec. 6) Terminates the Panel 30 days after filing its final report.