S.1436 - Nevada Native Nations Land Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Reid, Harry [D-NV] (Introduced 05/21/2015)|
|Committees:||Senate - Indian Affairs|
|Committee Reports:||S. Rept. 114-216|
|Latest Action:||House - 04/15/2016 Held at the desk. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Passed Senate
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed Senate
Summary: S.1436 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Passed Senate amended (04/14/2016)
(This measure has not been amended since it was reported to the Senate on February 29, 2016. The summary of that version is repeated here.)
Nevada Native Nations Land Act
(Sec. 3) This bill requires the United States to hold in trust the following lands for the benefit of:
- the Fort McDermitt Paiute and Shoshone Tribe of the Fort McDermitt Indian Reservation, 19,094 acres of Bureau of Land Management (BLM) land;
- the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes of the Duck Valley Indian Reservation, 82 acres of Forest Service land;
- the Summit Lake Paiute Tribe, 941 acres of BLM land;
- the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony, 13,434 acres of BLM land;
- the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, 6,357 acres of BLM land; and
- the Duckwater Shoshone Tribe 31,269 acres of BLM land.
The lands held for these tribes shall be part of their respective reservations.
(Sec. 4) Gaming is prohibited on these lands.