S.1562 - Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act of 2015114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Wyden, Ron [D-OR] (Introduced 06/11/2015)|
|Committees:||Senate - Finance|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 06/11/2015 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.1562 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (06/11/2015)
Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act of 2015
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
- allow taxpayers who are liable for not more than $50,000 per year in excise taxes on distilled spirits, wine, or beer to file and pay such taxes quarterly without the requirement of posting a bond covering the operations and withdrawals of such distilled spirits, wines, or beer;
- allow such taxpayers who reasonably expect to have a tax liability of not more than $1,000 per year and who were liable for not more than $1,000 in taxes in the preceding calendar year to file and pay such taxes annually rather than quarterly;
- exclude the aging period from the production period for beer, wine, or distilled spirits for purposes of determining whether a taxpayer can expense, rather than capitalize, interest costs paid or incurred during the production period;
- reduce excise tax rates on beer, wine, and distilled spirits produced in the United States;
- permit the transfer of beer between bonded facilities without payment of tax;
- modify the definition of "hard cider" for excise tax purposes; and
- exempt home distillery establishments that produce distilled spirits solely for personal or family use from excise tax and bonding requirements.
Directs the Department of the Treasury to amend applicable Treasury regulations with respect to the use of wholesome products suitable for human consumption in the production of fermented beverages.
Amends the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 to establish funding levels in FY2016-FY2021 for the enforcement and compliance activities of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau.