S.2132 - An Act Making Appropriations to Stop Regulatory Excess and for Other Purposes, 2016114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Cochran, Thad [R-MS] (Introduced 10/05/2015)|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 10/06/2015 Read the second time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 251. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.2132 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (10/05/2015)
An Act Making Appropriations to Stop Regulatory Excess and for Other Purposes, 2016
Provides FY2016 appropriations for financial services and general government; the Department of the Interior and the Environmental Protection Agency; the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education; and several related agencies.
Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2016
Department of the Treasury Appropriations Act, 2016
Provides appropriations to the Department of the Treasury, including the Internal Revenue Service.
Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2016
Provides appropriations to the Executive Office of the President.
Judiciary Appropriations Act, 2016
Provides appropriations to the judiciary, including the Supreme Court of the United States and other federal courts.
District of Columbia Appropriations Act, 2016
Provides appropriations to the District of Columbia, including Federal Funds and District of Columbia Funds.
Provides appropriations to independent agencies responsible for overseeing areas such as the financial, telecommunications, and consumer products industries; federal elections; the federal workforce; and federal buildings.
D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program School Certification Requirements Act
Amends the Scholarships for Opportunity and Results Act to establish additional requirements for schools participating in the program.
Financial Regulatory Improvement Act of 2015
Amends the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Federal Home Loan Bank Act, the Riegle Community Development and Regulatory Improvement Act of 1994, the Truth in Lending Act, the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010, the Federal Deposit Insurance Act, and other laws that regulate financial institutions and securities markets.
Changes the process and criteria for determining the size of financial entities that are systemically important and are subject to additional regulations and oversight.
Amends provisions that provide protections to consumers of various financial products.
Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
Provides appropriations to the Department of the Interior for:
- the Bureau of Land Management,
- the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service,
- the National Park Service,
- the U.S. Geological Survey,
- the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management,
- the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement,
- the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, and
- the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Bureau of Indian Education.
Provides appropriations to Interior for Departmental Offices and Department-Wide Programs.
Provides appropriations to the Environmental Protection Agency.
Provides appropriations to the Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the Forest Service.
Provides appropriations to the Department of Health and Human Services for the Indian Health Service, the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.
Provides appropriations for the Council on Environmental Quality and the Office of Environmental Quality, the Smithsonian Institution, the National Gallery of Art, and other related agencies and programs.
Amends the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 to require specified adjustments to discretionary spending limits in FY2016-FY2021 to accommodate appropriations for wildfire suppression operations in the Wildland Fire Management accounts at USDA and Interior.
Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2016
Provides appropriations to the Department of Labor for:
- the Employment and Training Administration,
- the Employee Benefits Security Administration,
- the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation,
- the Wage and Hour Division,
- the Office of Labor-Management Standards,
- the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs,
- the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs,
- the Occupational Safety and Health Administration,
- the Mine Safety and Health Administration,
- the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and
- Departmental Management.
Department of Health and Human Services Appropriations Act, 2016
Provides appropriations to the Department of Health and Human Services for:
- the Health Resources and Services Administration,
- the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
- the National Institutes of Health,
- the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration,
- the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality,
- the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services,
- the Administration for Children and Families,
- the Administration for Community Living, and
- the Office of the Secretary.
Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2016
Provides appropriations to the Department of Education and related programs.
Provides appropriations to related agencies, including:
- the Corporation for National and Community Service,
- the Corporation for Public Broadcasting,
- the Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission,
- the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission,
- the National Labor Relations Board, and
- the Social Security Administration.
Sets forth permissible, restricted, and prohibited uses for funds provided by this and other appropriations Acts.