S.3333 - Mohave County Federal Land Management Act114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Flake, Jeff [R-AZ] (Introduced 09/15/2016)|
|Committees:||Senate - Energy and Natural Resources|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 09/15/2016 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.3333 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (09/15/2016)
Mohave County Federal Land Management Act
This bill directs the Department of the Interior to conduct sales of eligible lands in Mohave County, Arizona, which are administered by the Bureau of Land Management and have been designated for disposal by Interior.
Interior and Mohave County shall jointly select which parcels of eligible land to offer for sale.
Before carrying out a sale, Mohave County shall certify to Interior that qualified bidders have agreed to comply with:
- local zoning ordinances; and
- any master plan for the area approved by the county.
Each sale of eligible land shall be:
- through a competitive bidding process, under which adjoining landowners are offered the first option, unless otherwise determined by Interior;
- for not less than fair market value, based on an appraisal; and
- conducted in accordance with the requirements regarding the administration of a sale of such land pursuant to this bill.
The bill sets forth requirements for the disposition of proceeds from the sales of eligible lands under this bill.