S.Res.617 - A resolution designating November 27, 2016, as "Drive Safer Sunday".114th Congress (2015-2016)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Isakson, Johnny [R-GA] (Introduced 11/17/2016)|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 11/17/2016 Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent. (consideration: CR S6495; text as passed Senate: CR S6489) (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Agreed to in Senate
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Agreed to in Senate
Summary: S.Res.617 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Information (Except Text)
Passed Senate without amendment (11/17/2016)
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary has been expanded because action occurred on the measure.)
Designates November 27, 2016, as Drive Safer Sunday.
- schools, universities, administrators, and teachers to launch campaigns to urge students to focus on safety when driving;
- national trucking firms to alert their drivers to be especially focused on driving safely on the Sunday after Thanksgiving;
- clergies to remind their congregations to travel safely when attending services and gatherings;
- law enforcement personnel to remind drivers and passengers to drive safely, particularly on the Sunday after Thanksgiving;
- motorists to always drive safely; and
- people to understand the importance of wearing a seat belt and to use the Sunday after Thanksgiving as an opportunity to educate themselves about highway safety.