H.R.1066 - VA Management Alignment Act of 2017115th Congress (2017-2018) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Kilmer, Derek [D-WA-6] (Introduced 02/15/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Veterans' Affairs | Senate - Veterans' Affairs|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 115-389|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 11/07/2017 Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs. (All Actions)|
|Roll Call Votes:||There has been 1 roll call vote|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.1066 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Passed House without amendment (11/06/2017)
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary has been expanded because action occurred on the measure.)
VA Management Alignment Act of 2017
(Sec. 2) This bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to submit to the Committees on Veterans' Affairs of the Senate and the House of Representatives a report (including recommendations for appropriate legislation) regarding the roles, responsibility, and accountability of elements and individuals of the VA.
In creating such report, the VA shall utilize the results of:
- the Independent Assessment of the Health Care Delivery Systems and Management Process of the VA established by the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014;
- any study or report by the Commission on Care established by such Act; and
- other studies or reports, including a report titled "Task Force on Improving Effectiveness of VHA Governance: Report to the VHA Under Secretary for Health," dated February 28, 2015.
The VA shall also specify clearly delineated roles and responsibilities to optimize the organizational effectiveness and accountability of each:
- Administration, staff office, or staff organization and each subordinate organization thereof; and
- key leader of the VA in relation to any Administration, staff office, or staff organization, Veteran Integrated Service Network, or medical facility.