H.R.1785 - Comprehensive Strategy to Destroy ISIS Act of 2017115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Kinzinger, Adam [R-IL-16] (Introduced 03/29/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Foreign Affairs; Armed Services; Intelligence (Permanent Select)|
|Latest Action:||House - 05/18/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Middle East and North Africa. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.1785 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (03/29/2017)
Comprehensive Strategy to Destroy ISIS Act of 2017
This bill directs the Department of Defense (DOD) and the Department of State to jointly develop and submit to Congress: (1) a strategy to destroy the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) and its affiliates, (2) a biennial update of such strategy, and (3) a strategy to bring the civil war in Syria to a sustainable end.
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence shall submit to Congress an assessment of:
- the willingness and capabilities of coalition members and allies to defeat ISIS with their own military assets;
- the presence of ISIS or its affiliates in countries other than Syria, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, and Afghanistan;
- preventing radicalization of citizens of regional countries by ISIS;
- the number of foreign fighters joining ISIS and tactics to prevent further recruitment; and
- significant U.S. intelligence gaps concerning ISIS and the ability to carry out a regional strategy to defeat it.