H.R.1945 - Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council Advisory Committee Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Latta, Robert E. [R-OH-5] (Introduced 04/05/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Natural Resources; Agriculture|
|Latest Action:||House - 04/24/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Conservation and Forestry. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.1945 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (04/05/2017)
Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council Advisory Committee Act
This bill amends the Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act to establish the Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council Advisory Committee to advise the Department of the Interior and the Department of Agriculture on wildlife and habitat conservation, hunting, and recreational shooting.
The advisory committee must advise the departments on policies or programs related to:
- implementing Executive Order No. 13443: Facilitation of Hunting Heritage and Wildlife Conservation;
- conserving and restoring wetlands, agricultural lands, grasslands, forest, and rangeland habitats;
- promoting opportunities for and access to hunting and shooting sports on federal lands;
- recruiting and retaining new hunters and shooters;
- increasing public awareness of the importance of wildlife conservation and the benefits of recreational hunting and shooting; and
- encouraging coordination among the public, the hunting and shooting sports community, wildlife conservation groups, states, tribes, and the federal government.
The bill also specifies requirements for membership, meetings, pay and expenses, administrative support, and annual reports to Congress. The advisory committee is exempt from the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
The bill abolishes the existing Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council, effective on the date of the first meeting of the advisory committee established by this bill.