H.R.2510 - Water Quality Protection and Job Creation Act of 2017115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. DeFazio, Peter A. [D-OR-4] (Introduced 05/18/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Transportation and Infrastructure|
|Latest Action:||House - 05/19/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.2510 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (05/18/2017)
Water Quality Protection and Job Creation Act of 2017
The bill amends the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) to reauthorize through FY2022:
- programs for preventing and reducing pollution through research, investigations, and training;
- state and interstate water pollution control programs;
- wet weather watershed pilot projects;
- a grant program for implementing state management programs for controlling pollution added from nonpoint sources (e.g., pollution on the ground picked up by rain) to navigable waters;
- a grant program for protecting groundwater quality;
- clean water state revolving funds;
- a pilot program for alternative water source projects; and
- sewer overflow and stormwater reuse municipal grants (formally known as sewer overflow control grants).
The bill authorizes the Environmental Protection Agency to make grants to rural, small, and tribal municipalities for addressing pollution.
The bill revises requirements governing capitalization grant agreements, clean water state revolving funds, and sewer overflow and stormwater reuse municipal grants.