H.R.3033 - Aeronautics Innovation Act115th Congress (2017-2018) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Knight, Stephen [R-CA-25] (Introduced 06/23/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Science, Space, and Technology|
|Latest Action:||House - 05/22/2018 Referred to the Subcommittee on Space. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.3033 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (06/23/2017)
Aeronautics Innovation Act
This bill reauthorizes through FY2022 the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate.
NASA shall establish: (1) a low-boom supersonic aircraft program or project that will demonstrate supersonic aircraft designs and technologies that reduce sonic boom noise levels and gather data relating to overland supersonic flight, and (2) a subsonic flight program to demonstrate aircraft vehicle and propulsion concepts and technologies and to enable significant increases in aviation energy efficiency and lower emissions.
- research, develop, and test capabilities and concepts for integrating unmanned aircraft systems (i.e., drones) into the national airspace system;
- leverage its partnership with industry focused on the advancement of technologies for future air traffic management systems for drones for low- and high-altitude operations;
- leverage industry's advancement of technologies for drones to inform regulatory and standards requirements for various sizes of civil unmanned aircraft systems;
- consider the needs of U.S. industry; and
- continue to align its research and testing portfolio to inform unmanned aircraft system integration consistent with national safety and national security objectives.
NASA shall establish a 21st Century Aeronautics Capabilities Initiative within the Construction and Environmental Compliance and Restoration Account.