H.R.4539 - Plymouth 400th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act of 2017115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Keating, William R. [D-MA-9] (Introduced 12/04/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Financial Services|
|Latest Action:||House - 12/04/2017 Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4539 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (12/04/2017)
Plymouth 400th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act of 2017
This bill directs the Department of the Treasury to issue up to 100,000 $5 gold coins, 500,000 $1 silver coins, and 750,000 half-dollar clad coins emblematic of the landing and settlement of Plymouth Colony, the signing of the Mayflower Compact, and the role of the indigenous Wampanoag tribes in the realization of the settlement.
These coins may be issued only during a one-year period beginning January 1, 2020.
Sales of such coins shall include specified surcharges, which shall be paid by Treasury as follows:
- 30% to Plymouth 400, Inc.;
- 30% to the General Society of Mayflower Descendants;
- 20% to the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe;
- 5% to the Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah);
- 5% to the Pilgrim Society's Pilgrim Hall Museum;
- 5% to Plimoth Plantation, Inc.; and
- 5% to Pilgrims' First Landing Park, Inc.