H.R.4893 - Improve Data on Sexual Violence Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Kuster, Ann M. [D-NH-2] (Introduced 01/29/2018)|
|Committees:||House - Judiciary|
|Latest Action:||House - 02/07/2018 Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4893 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (01/29/2018)
Improve Data on Sexual Violence Act
This bill directs the Office of Management and Budget to establish an interagency working group to study federal efforts to collect data on sexual violence and to make recommendations on efforts to coordinate sexual violence data collection to produce complementary information, without compromising programmatic needs.
The working group shall consider:
- what activity constitutes different acts of sexual violence,
- whether reports that use the same terms for acts of sexual violence are collecting the same data on these acts,
- whether the context which led to such an act should impact how that act is accounted for in reports,
- whether the data collected is presented in a way that allows the general public to understand what acts of sexual violence are included in each measurement, and
- steps that agencies that compile reports relating to sexual violence can take to avoid double counting incidents.