H.R.4898 - Keeping Our Commitment to Ending Veteran Homelessness Act of 2018115th Congress (2017-2018) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Rosen, Jacky [D-NV-3] (Introduced 01/30/2018)|
|Committees:||House - Veterans' Affairs|
|Latest Action:||House - 01/30/2018 Referred to the Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.4898 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (01/30/2018)
Keeping Our Commitment to Ending Veteran Homelessness Act of 2018
This bill extends through FY2019 authority for the following Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) programs:
- homeless veterans reintegration programs,
- the homeless women veterans and homeless veterans with children reintegration program,
- referral and counseling services for certain veterans at risk of homelessness,
- treatment and rehabilitation services for seriously mentally ill and homeless veterans, and
- the grant program for homeless veterans with special needs.
The bill extends through FY2020 authority for the following VA programs:
- housing assistance for homeless veterans, and
- financial assistance for supportive services for very low-income veteran families in permanent housing.
The bill extends through December 31, 2019, authority for the Advisory Committee on Homeless Veterans.