H.R.4947 - Rural Infrastructure Development and Partnerships Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Esty, Elizabeth H. [D-CT-5] (Introduced 02/06/2018)|
|Committees:||House - Agriculture|
|Latest Action:||House - 03/08/2018 Referred to the Subcommittee on Commodity Exchanges, Energy, and Credit. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4947 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (02/06/2018)
Rural Infrastructure Development and Partnerships Act
This bill establishes within the Department of Agriculture a Rural Partnerships Office to be headed by a director appointed by the President.
The duties of the office include:
- establishing and running a program to provide technical assistance to improve delivery, financing, operations, and maintenance of rural infrastructure;
- establishing an online clearinghouse of best practices;
- providing grants to assist rural communities in developing cost-effective infrastructure projects; and
- coordinating activities of rural liaisons to develop guidelines for rural funding or financing programs at federal agencies and identify opportunities to work across agencies.
The bill also requires each federal agency that provides financial assistance to a rural community for an activity related to rural infrastructure to designate a rural liaison to:
- review and make recommendations regarding regulations, guidance, and procedures that present hardships to rural communities;
- participate in reviewing applications for technical assistance;
- serve as an ombudsperson for rural communities; and
- meet regularly with other rural liaisons to coordinate efforts and identify ways to work together to support rural infrastructure needs.