H.R.5375 - To require the Secretary of the Treasury to submit to Congress a comprehensive customer service strategy for the Internal Revenue Service.115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Reed, Tom [R-NY-23] (Introduced 03/21/2018)|
|Committees:||House - Ways and Means|
|Latest Action:||House - 03/21/2018 Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.5375 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (03/21/2018)
This bill requires the Department of the Treasury to submit to Congress a comprehensive customer service strategy for the Internal Revenue Service.
The strategy must include:
- a plan to provide assistance that meets reasonable taxpayer expectations and conforms with best practices of customer service provided in the private sector;
- an assessment of self-service options;
- proposals to protect taxpayer identity and reduce identity theft;
- proposals to improve customer service in the short-term, medium-term, and long-term, and
- metrics and benchmarks for quantitatively measuring progress in meeting each element of the strategy.