H.R.5864 - VA Hospitals Establishing Leadership Performance Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Bost, Mike [R-IL-12] (Introduced 05/17/2018)|
|Committees:||House - Veterans' Affairs | Senate - Veterans' Affairs|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 115-872|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 07/26/2018 Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs. (All Actions)|
|Roll Call Votes:||There has been 1 roll call vote|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
Text: H.R.5864 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Text available as:
Referred in Senate (07/26/2018)
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs
To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish qualifications for the human resources positions within the Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes.
This Act may be cited as the “VA Hospitals Establishing Leadership Performance Act”.
(1) establish qualifications for each human resources position within the Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs;
(2) establish standardized performance metrics for each such position; and
(3) submit to Congress a report containing the qualifications and standardized performance metrics established under paragraphs (1) and (2).
(b) Report.—Not later than 180 days after the establishment of the qualifications and performance metrics under subsection (a), the Comptroller General of the United States shall submit to the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs of the Senate a report containing—
(1) a description of the implementation of such qualifications and performance metrics; and
(2) an assessment of the quality of such qualifications and performance metrics.
No additional funds are authorized to be appropriated to carry out the requirements of this Act. Such requirements shall be carried out using amounts otherwise authorized to be appropriated.
Passed the House of Representatives July 25, 2018.
|Attest:||karen l. haas,|